Roundtable with a Delegation from the European Economic and Social Committee
TABC will host a roundtable exchange for a delegation of members from the European Economic and Social Committee (a consultative body of the European Union representing civil society) during their visit to Washington D.C. The representatives of the EESC would like to discuss the following topics:
• What are the perspectives for the future of the transatlantic cooperation? Which should be the priority areas of action?
• How to maintain a positive agenda and build on some achievement of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership negotiations (e.g. strengthening regulatory cooperation, SME dialogue, trade and investment promotion)?
• What might be the role of the EU and US civil society in shaping up the transatlantic relations?
• What economic and social reforms of the new Administration could impact the competitiveness of the US business? Which are the challenges and the opportunities for the US businesses related to the priorities of the new Administration?
• What are the priorities for the TABC in international plan and those related to international trade? How Brexit can affect US companies working in the EU? What is the position of the TABC on NAFTA renegotiation?
Please find attached a short mission statement and the list of the EESC members participating in the delegation.
Tuesday, 10 October 2017
2:30pm – 3:30pm EDT
K&L Gates, 1601 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006