Brexit Working Group
Formed in July 2016
Working Group Priorities:
- Follows the procedures, negotiating positions, and timelines for the UK’s extraction from, and future arrangement with, the EU.
- Follows real-time developments related to Brexit, such as personnel assignments to the negotiating teams, changes in personnel and procedures in the EU Institutions.
- Focuses on changes in relations from the trade perspective including UK’s involvement from the EU FTA’s, WTO, UK-US trade arrangement, positions of the other Member States on UK’s role.
- Prepares comments to share with EU,UK and US officials on issues impacting member companies.
- Circulates selected documents, studies, and press reports to the members in order to keep them abreast of ongoing developments.
- Organizes events and meetings with relevant government officials and experts related to the multi-faceted Brexit challenge.
Papers and Submissions
- Joint Statement on a Transitional Arrangement – Brexit (October 2017)
- Press Release: TABC Signs a Joint Statement on a Transitional Arrangement – Brexit (October 2017)
- TABC Position on Brexit (December 2016)
- Press Release: TABC Adopts Position on Brexit (December 2016)
Reports and Resources:
TABC is providing links to selected reports and resources relating to Brexit. These materials provide an in-depth look into the various facets of Brexit, particularly in regards to its impact on transatlantic trade.
- Brexit: Trade Aspects (House of Commons Library, September 2016)
- Brexit: Impact Across Policy Areas (House of Commons Library, August 2016)
- British Trade Policy After Brexit (Global Counsel, August 2016)
- The EU Single Market: The Value of Membership versus Access to the UK (The Institute for Fiscal Studies, August 2016)
- Brexit and Financial Services (House of Commons Library, August 2016)
- Tax After the EU Referendum (House of Commons Library, July 2016)
- Brexit: How Does the Article 50 Process Work (House of Commons Library, June 2016)
- Leaving the EU: How Might People Currently Exercising Free Movement Rights be Affected? (House of Commons Library, June 2016)
- Reading List on UK-EU Relations 2013-16: Reform, Renegotiation, Withdrawal (House of Commons Library, June 2016)
- Out and Down: Mapping the Impact of Brexit (The Economist Intelligence Unit, 2016)
- The Economic Consequences of Brexit: A Taxing Decision (The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, April 2016)
- High Court Judgment: R Miller v Secretary of State for Exiting the EU (Courts and Tribunals Judiciary, November 2016)
- Summary of Judgment: R Miller v. Secretary of State for Exiting the EU (Courts and Tribunals Judiciary, November 2016)
- Tracking the Impact of the EU Referendum (Office for National Statistics, August 2016)
- U.K. Department for Exiting the EU – Senior Management Team Organization Chart (GOV.UK)
- Consolidated Version of the Treaty on European Union, Highlighted to Article 50 (Eur-Lex)